Spillage! Help..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Hi guys,

I've been using my MacBook effortlessly for just under a year now. Love it!

Unfortunately, last night my sister spilt orange juice all over the keyboard:Evil: I wiped it up as quick as I could, there's now a malfunction in the keyboard where some keys are stuck and do not work.

Genuinely gutted, is there anything I can do to save it?

Repairable?
Under warranty? (Doubt it, worth a shot!)

Thanks for your time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT
The warranty does not cover accidental damage.

You should have left it off until you were completely satisfied that it was dry - leaving it in a warm dry place is a good idea.

The best thing to do is to take it in to a Apple Store and get them to have a look at it, most likely they will be able to repair it but I doubt they would do it without a cost.

OP
iMike
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
The warranty does not cover accidental damage.

You should have left it off until you were completely satisfied that it was dry - leaving it in a warm dry place is a good idea.

The best thing to do is to take it in to a Apple Store and get them to have a look at it, most likely they will be able to repair it but I doubt they would do it without a cost.

bad.heron,

I turned it off straight away, dried it as well as I could then left it over night. Tried in the morning and no luck, tried in the afternoon with the same result.

Will take it into the apple store at the weekend.

Having to use desktop until then.:Oops:

Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
put it in a bag of rice in a large plastic bag, it will dry out withen days, since it was OJ, you need to clean it out with distilled water, and get the OJ out (has acid in it)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
iMike:

The problem with that type of spillage is not only what it does to the keys but also the possible damage it causes to the logic board which is directly below the keyboard.

Take it on in to Apple and have them look it over. It may turn out that no damage was done to the logic board. Or, it could be a costly repair.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2.0 Core 2 duo, Alienware 7700 3.2ghz, Iphone,Imac g5,Powebook 15" 1.5ghz
It will never be the same again there will always be a problem with it just because even if the water is gone the sugar will still be caked on....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.