Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2007 white Macbook 2.2 Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB Ram
white macbook

Yes my white macbook has the problem with the speakers a late 2007 model
:\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
My White MB is doing ok here ..... Looking forward to to my new MBP arriving in 2 weeks
WOOHOO

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Which one did you end up going for Tattster?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
PM to you but getting the 13" low end MBP ...... Cant really justify the extra $700 for the 15's as much as would like one. I dont do music like you and not much video either so 13" will suit me too a tee :)
Oh and the iPhone 4 when they arrive and by then should have fixed the low Bar count people keep going on about

Reaction score
when camlers

My White MB is doing ok here ..... Looking forward to to my new MBP arriving in 2 weeks
WOOHOO

If you adjust your speaker balance to the left, can you hear anything from the right speaker?

Which Macbook White are you using?

Reaction score
Audio/Midi Setup?

Rocc, where do you find the Audio/Midi Setup?

My speaker imbalance is skewed to the LEFT (I know, weird) -- at first it only played from the left speaker, then I used the balance slider in Sound preferences and the right started playing, but in a compressed, mono tone. So even though both speakers are now working, the sound still leans left. I can't even listen to my music it's so irritating!

Would like to try switching outputs as you did to see if this is indeed a software issue...might be worth re-installing the driver either way though, ya?

Thanks,
N

Hey folks:

I too have noticed the Right Side Imbalance of the sound, when you put the balance all the way to right it completlely blocks out the left channel/speaker which it should. But when you put the balance all the way to the left, you can still hear sound coming out of the right channel/speaker.

I went into the Audio/Midi Setup section, and decided to experiment. I reversed the Audio Channels, making left/right and right/left. Curiously, the sound changed where the majority of the sound was now coming from the Left Speaker.

I wonder if is could be a driver problem? Because using the software I was able to reverse it.

Has anyone else tried this?

Rocc

Reaction score
I noticed this imperfection too - sound biased towards the RH speaker. Initially disappointed, I found this thread, and now am re-assured that it is not a fault with my own MacBook, although Apple should have done better. Am generally very pleased with the MacBook, if this is the only fault, I guess I will live with it.

Sound balance works perfectly through headphones or external speakers. My 2 cents.

Reaction score
same thing here. somehow i just noticed it after almost a year with this MBP. unfortunate design. or implementation of audio.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2011, i7, 8gigs RAM, OS 10.11 iPhone 6s, ATV3
I have noticed this too. I have had my MBP for about 3 weeks now.. I thought the balance got messed up some how, I went in to fix it and it was fine... Weird...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.