i need help!! whats going on?

Reaction score
My mac has a problem. I use firefox as a browser and everytime i try to download something like skype it downloads it to my desktop. Then when finished i go to click on it and the icon does the opening motion (the zoom into the face) but does not actually open. I think it bounces on the bottom bar once. and then NOTHING HAPPENS. so they will download but they will not launch.

What have i done for this to happen. Someone recommended that i update my java so i downloaded that but i doubt it worked as i have this problem of not being able to open things which download. I am using a g4 laptop ibook think.

Do you think my computer is old and knackered and i just need a new one? Everything else works fine though.

Any suggestions would be very helpful as i know nothing about this.

Thank you thank you xxxxx

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Does it do the same thing when you download with other browsers?

OP
L
Reaction score
yes it happens with internet explorer and opera. I don't know if this is related but when i try to upload photos to facebook the browser 'unexpectedly quits' . this happens with every browser.

thanks for replying!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.