How to run a 64-bit Windows Vista on a MacBook Pro (late 2008 model)

Reaction score
I recently purchased the new MacBook Pro and I want to install windows vista to play some good windows games. I read that 64-bit Vista allows more gigs of memory to be utilised so I want to install a 64-bit version of Vista. I did some reading and discovered that it can be done but you need to download some extra drivers that come with the Mac Pro (or something like that), but then i discovered that Bootcamp 2.1 has these drivers so i now am unsure about how to install vista 64-bit. I am familiar with how to install windows XP as i installed XP with my old macBook, but I have trouble with Vista and when detail about extra drivers and other features is required. So would someone be able to tell me what else i need to download and install and how to do it, considering i already have the new bootcamp (BCUpdateVista64.exe) but nothing else. I dont even know which 64-bit vista i should purchase. thankyou, your help will be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Do you have 4GB of memory? If not, then there's really no point in trying to install Vista 64. Even if you do have 4GB of memory, Vista 32 will still utilize 3.3GB of it, plenty just to play some games, especially on a Macbook Pro where memory is the last thing that will be limiting gaming performance.

OP
S
Reaction score
yes, i have 4gb of memory, 2.83gHz intel core 2 duo processor. i really only want vista to play games like the fifa 09, the new call of duty and a few other shooting games. so do you think that vista 32 will be fine?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
yes, i have 4gb of memory, 2.83gHz intel core 2 duo processor. i really only want vista to play games like the fifa 09, the new call of duty and a few other shooting games. so do you think that vista 32 will be fine?

Absolutely. Those games aren't 64-bit code anyway.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.