Need my evocam surveillance to work with macbook closed

Reaction score
I use Evocam to monitor my house via my Iphone and IP cameras when away from home. It works great except for the fact that when I or someone in my house closes my Macbook shut, the internet and applications stop working.

How do I set my Macbook to always be connected to the internet and have my application running even with the computer shut? I have tried different energy settings but the Mac wont connect to the internet until I open it up.

Thanks in advance, also will this running it 24/7 wear out my mac prematurely?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.6Ghz | 200GB 7200 | 4GB Ram | 32GB iPod Touch 2G
Your only real solution is to install and run Insomnia X while you are away from home, I use it often when watching movies and when driving in the car with my MBP setup as an incar computer under the passenger seat. I have never noticed an increase in heat throughout the machine when running it with the lid closed, but it does pay to have it sitting on a hard surface with breathing room to maximize fresh air around the rear fan vents.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.