Blue screen of death

Reaction score
So my computer, last night, turned on to the blue screen of death. No login page. It will let me do a safe boot and then really do anything with the computer when I'm logged into safe mode. But I realize I need to fix this problem... tried resetting almost everything, PMU included, and surprisingly it did absolutely nothing.

Pretty sure it's the logic board, as once a year I've needed to have it replaced in one of my Macs. Anything else I can do? Again, I've done everything listed on the Apple support page (Your Mac won't start up in Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.3.9 or earlier), tried resetting PMU twice as instructed by Apple (power down, remove battery and power cord, hold down power button for 5 seconds, replace battery and cord and power up) etc and I just would prefer not to take this computer to the Apple store and lose it for 6 days to get a new logic board.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
You found a blue screen of death in OSX? Crazy...

But seriously, what revision laptop, what version of OS etc?

OP
H
Reaction score
You found a blue screen of death in OSX? Crazy...

But seriously, what revision laptop, what version of OS etc?

OS 10.5.5/Leopard, MBP w/ 2.16 ghz intel processor, I'm pretty sure the logic board was replaced last summer, laptop itself is 2 years old.

For what it's worth I also just trashed the login that was having problems (aka the only account) and still nothing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.