Internet weird behavior

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 ghz/Iphone 4/Ipod 4th Gen/More Coming I'm sure, too bad for my wallet ;)
Hey guys, I've been having a weird problem that I can't really figure out. I have Comcast Internet (the fastest speed avail able which is 8MBps:() and have started seeing some weird behavior. My internet is still really fast BUT when I try to download any torrents, the torrents download SUPER slow (internet remains the same). I'm talking about 35KB/s max. If I take the same torrent to my friends place who also has comcast, the torrent will speed up to 150-240KB/s.

I never really had a problem until a couple of days ago. I also know it's not my seeders b/c I missed last nights Heroes and am trying to download that. I currently use Vuze and know that they took Comcast to court. Any ideas??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
They are probably throttling back your torrent downloads if you are a heavy downloader.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
They are probably throttling back your torrent downloads if you are a heavy downloader.

This.

When I had Comcast, they actually sent me a cease and desist letter about it.

OP
walkum13
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 ghz/Iphone 4/Ipod 4th Gen/More Coming I'm sure, too bad for my wallet ;)
Sorry for posting in the wrong section. Do you know if this would effect Rapidshare files? I figure if they going to throttle me might as well do that :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.