iMAC wont start up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMAC, Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory: 2 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, LEOPARD
I was on my iMAC with windows vista,
and then suddenly everything freezed so I held down the power button for a few secs to get it to turn off,
then turned it back on and it makes the start-up noise but after that it beeps every few secs, constantly,
Any ideas why this is happening?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
Does it go to the main login screen? Or just on that blue background with the black apple on it? What version of OSX are you using? We need detail..

BTW, you might have a processor overheating situation here. Put a fan by it, and just turn it on and let it blow on the computer back for a little bit, like 10 minutes. Let it rest a little bit.

OP
iMAC
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMAC, Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory: 2 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, LEOPARD
Does it go to the main login screen? Or just on that blue background with the black apple on it? What version of OSX are you using? We need detail..

BTW, you might have a processor overheating situation here. Put a fan by it, and just turn it on and let it blow on the computer back for a little bit, like 10 minutes. Let it rest a little bit.

No just a white screen while it beeps,
ill try the fan thing,
im have version 10.5.5

OP
iMAC
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
is there a pattern to the beeping?
Try re-seating the memory, then restart it.

Yes, there is a pattern to the beeping,
If re-seating means,
Taking out the memory and putting it back in,
Then yes, i have done that,
Still the beeping

OP
iMAC
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry for double post but i need a solution :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.