USB Flash Drives not recognized/accessed by virtual machine

Reaction score
I'm using an early version of Parallels installed when I purchased my Mac Book 2 years ago. I use Intuit Quicken software on a PC desk top and back up data to a Cruzer Flash drive. When I use the Quicken software on my virtual machine I attempt to restore using the updated data on the flash drive. Is recognizes the flash drive as inserted but I always get a message stating that the USB device I am trying to access is being used by another process and that I should terminate that process then reattempt. I am UNABLE to determine what, if any, process is using the USB device (Flash Drive) If anyone could tell me how to overcome this I would be very grateful.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The first thing to try is another flash drive. (They're inexpensive.) If no joy there, upgrade Parallels to the latest version and make sure the guest tools are installed.

Regards.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
When you start the virtual machine, are you resuming it from a paused state, or do you do a full boot up?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.