Mac Aluminum Keyboard cloth/liner

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" Macbook Aluminum, 2.0 GHz 2 GB DDR3 (Late 2008)
Hey guys. I'm looking to buy something that will cover my keyoard so that when I close the laptop I won't get any smudges/key scratches on my display. I saw in the Apple store that Marware sells a "protection pack" that comes with a keyboard cloth and a cushion for your wrists, but I'm really only looking for something that will cover the keys etc so my new shiny glass display stays pristine. Any suggestions?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't think covering the keyboard is necessary as there is a small clearance space when the top lid is closed. The new unibody construction which is used in the current line of aluminum MacBook should provide good protection for the display.

However, if you're suffering from screen mar paranoia, buy a chamois cleaning cloth in any auto parts shop and cut it to size so that it fits over your keyboard when you close the lid. ;D

Regards.

Reaction score
I would suggest the Marware pack. I have it for my MBP and am very satisfied!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.