Mac Mail Attachments

Reaction score
Hopefully someone will offer a simple and obvious answer to my problem. When attaching a file to an email my MacBook Air elects to show the file as an opened file and embed directly into the email. I'm aware that I can ctrl/click the file and choose to show as an icon but the first question is "how do I change the default to an icon rather than embedded?

My second question on the same topic is all down to size. When attaching the afore mentioned file not only is it being embedded (which I can change manually) but also the file is a fraction of the original saved file size. So sticking a photo on an email is no longer the care free action but a labourious, considered and stressful process.

This is becoming one of those 'not so important therefore never really a priority' type issue that is beginning to ruin my life.

Any help/suggestions or guidance truly appreciated.

Spider

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.