• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

E-Mailing attachment via iphoto straight to Mail

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I'm new to the world of Mac and loving it since I moved from PC.

I'm learning as I go on but one thing I can't seem to crack is the issue with e-mailing events/photos from iphoto via the e-mail click button straight into the Mail programme.

The issue i'm experiencing is that when i click on an event i.e that contains 9 pictures and I click the "e-mail" symbol at the bottom of the screen to open up mail with the new composed message, the images are contained within the e-mail itself as opposed to an attachment file. I tried this as a test message by clicking send to e-mail to my works address but upon checking this morning the images are contained visible within the e-mail and are not there as an attachment.

Looking to put this right, so all help is appreciated.

Many thanks

Jonathan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
This is an issue with Mail, not with iPhoto. The Mail app insists on displaying photos as pictures instead of attachments. To save them, you would need to highlight the photos in the received email, right click, and select save. To prevent this issue while composing the email, select the photo from within the email, right click and select 'view as icon'.

With small photos, or with just a single attachment, it's not that big of a deal. But if an email contains many photos, it's a pain.

Fortunately, there is hope. Try Lokiware: Mail Attachments Iconizer It works well and will correct this behavior. It will add a tab to the Mail Preferences, which allows you to address this bahavior properly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Or, you can simply open up Mail, open up the message window, click Attach and find the files you want right under the Photos section of your Mac.

Reaction score
I have a mac and i'm emailing jpg files (photos) using iphoto to a pc user. The pc user says when they receive email they can see that the email has attachment but as soon as they open up the email the photos are embedded in the email and they can't find the paperclip to open and save the photo.

Does anyone know what is wrong here?

thanks
sue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac, 4GB RAM, 1TB HD, OS X 10.6.6, iPod Classic 160GB, iPhone 4
I have a mac and i'm emailing jpg files (photos) using iphoto to a pc user. The pc user says when they receive email they can see that the email has attachment but as soon as they open up the email the photos are embedded in the email and they can't find the paperclip to open and save the photo.

Does anyone know what is wrong here?

thanks
sue

Yes, they have a PC.

HA HA.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.