macbook and linksys WAG354G Wireless-G Security

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an intel macbook and linksys router, which have worked fine for me over the last year or so. Have been very pleased with my macbook but am not sure about security.

I can't seem to find how I can enable the latest security settings on my macbook to prevent unauthorised use of my router and access into my mac?

Also, do I need to upgrade the firmware of the router as it was bought back in 06 and used with a pc for a while?

Any help would be much appreciated as I am only a beginner mac user really...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook: 2.4 ghz dual core 4gb Ram 250gb Hdd
you need to secure the router not the mac. There will likely be a seb based admin console for the router, if in doubt google securing linksys <insert model> router and follow the steps.

To upgrade the firm ware, if there is an update go to the linksys support site for that model of router.

OP
G
Reaction score
Thanks Bad Monkey. I will have to look and see if I have the box for the router, as I am not sure what passwords etc I need to do this.

Are Macs OK security wise using other networks (i.e. my parent's non-secured network)?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.