Backing up on Windows

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD
I have four windows xp computers that I need to back up on a 500 Gb external hdd. How do I backup the data so that I can totally restore the computers?

Thanks Winston ~

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alienware,mbp,imac(3),blackjack,Hp running macintosh,
All you need to do is go into our C: drive directory and copy all ur files swap it over to your external HDD also dump ur my documents etc... Mostly go into your C: drive and take what you need. also if my way does wrk use google i am sure there is a prog. that happly assit

DANX
Natenmaste

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 4Gig 250 Gig HD
You'll need to do more than just copy files to do a complete restore. There are a number of programs out there like Ghost that will allow you to make an image of your drives. The entire drive can then be restored if needed.... but you will still need to do interim backups of documents, etc. For that you can just copy the files or, again, get software that does incremental backups. There are plenty out there.
Bill G.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.