Burning DVD files

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2013. OSX 10.9. 8Gb mem, 3.6 GHz 750Gb HD. iPod Touch 2009. AppleTV2
I am a novice in these things. I got a new MacBook a few months ago having used PCs before that.

I downloaded a program called Burn and have used it for burning CDs and burning data DVD with mixed success (I use Verbatim discs). Unfortunately there do not seem to be any step by step instructions and guidance on how to use the software and I am not sure about the different formats I can use.

For the DVDs I just choose Data type for burning avi files and I'm sure there's a better way.

Anyway, my current problem is that I have DVD files VIDEO_TS folder with all the files in it that i don't understand (VOB,IFO,BUP) and I don't have a clue how to get them on to a DVD.

I'm not really up for buying software as I can't really afford it at the moment.

Anybody able to help.

grrrrrr

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I think this is the same information available in the "Burn" help file:

Burn

Click on each subject in order.

Regards.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2013. OSX 10.9. 8Gb mem, 3.6 GHz 750Gb HD. iPod Touch 2009. AppleTV2
Thanks for that.

But I've seen that before and it actually doesn't explain how to do anything. It's very general, like it should link on to some more detailed explanation but doesn't!

Grrrr

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.