Recording LP's - Eliminating clicks & crackles?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Have just acquired a Griffin imic to record my collection of LP's to itunes. Final Vinyl (v 2.5.1) software is doing a great job for my non-classical recordings and I'm well pleased with the result, but on my classical LP's I get a lot of clicks and crackles. I can see the peaks on the waveform quite clearly. Is there any way I can eliminate these?

OP
Sawday
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Thanks Loiushen. ClickRepair looks most promising and I'll give it a try later and report back here for others reference.

OP
Sawday
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reporting back...
ClickRepair is amazing! It does exactly what it says on the tin, as they say. After skim reading the a very clear 48 page pdf manual I installed the software, opened my first LP recording (from Final Vinyl) and let it do it's stuff. A few seconds later one perfect recording with not a click to be heard. How good is that! The best bit is that it's on a 21 day free trial before you need to pay the $40 for the license but it's so good it's money well invested.

Thanks once again Louishen for the tip.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.