New iPhone?

Reaction score
Hey all, I have the original iPhone that is pretty beet up and am wondering if I should upgrade to the 3g or wait for a new iPhone to be released. Does anyone know when the new one might be released and if it would be worth waiting for that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Well the first two were released in the summer. Therefore, it is logical to conclude that the next one will also be released in the summer, if there is to be an update.

OP
R
Reaction score
Ok, have there been any rumors known that would suggest this other than past performance?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.16GHz 2Gb OS X 10.5, 16Gb iPhone 3G Black
Apple's new iPhone 3G: Still not perfect, but really close - USATODAY.com

Suggests that it came out recently in the US not sure about the UK

I'm definitely going to look into it more as i intend on getting one as well, whether it's worth the wait, no one will really know until it has been user tested.

One can only hope :)

That's just an article talking about the current 3G iPhone isnt it? I skim-read it but that's the impression I got. Doesn't mention anything about a new one yet to be released.

As Kash said, the current two were both released in the summer, and if Apple's previous release dates for products are anything to go by then I'd say they will continue to follow the summer trend..... if there is a new one anyway.

I'm getting on on Thursday. Cant wait!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB 2.1GHz, 4Gb RAM, 120Gb white
:p I should pay more attention when reading, and to be honest i don't think i can wait till summer for a new release anyways, my old phone is going out as it is.

i think i'll buy one over christmas as I'm gonna be working like **** over it i'll be able to afford it then :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Ok, have there been any rumors known that would suggest this other than past performance?

Plenty of rumors. They've all been wrong though ;P

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.