Use line in/mic like a second line out

Reaction score
Hello,

I am contemplating the possibility of acquiring a Mac Mini as a multimedia computer for the living room, but I find the following problem:

The mini-jack audio output is shared (analog / digital), I would use to connect the Mac to the TV, using the stereo analog connection, I would connect the video through a DVI to HDMI cable.

The problem comes if I want to simultaneously connect the digital output (fiber, Toslink) to a Dolby Digital amplifier. In this case I can not keep these two connections simultaneously.

Today, with a PC it's easy because the stereo output (analog) comes in a different connector to digital, and I can keep both connections simultaneously.

In my case, I think it would be easier to use the line in/mic, as a second output, but I don't know if the operating system allows it in some way, or with any 3rd party application.

The other option would be to buy an USB sound card compatible, to use the digital output of the mac (for connecting to the amp), and the USB stereo analog output for connecting to the LCD panel.

Any idea?

THANKS!
BYE!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.