Streaming Audio not working

Reaction score
Good Morning!

I am trying to listen to streaming audio from a radio station but it's not working on my mac. I've updated my software (Quick Time) and updated the Flip4Mac plugin...am I missing something? I click the link, a window pops open and loads the page but the progress on the bottom is never finished. It just keeps saying "Transferring data from www.chumfm.com"

Any suggestions?

Thanks!:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I am trying to listen to streaming audio from a radio station but it's not working on my mac. It just keeps saying "Transferring data from www.chumfm.com".

Okay, I have Chum FM going right now. I'm not sure why you can't get the player to load, but it's a standalone type, not using Quicktime or RealPlayer or VLC etc.

All I did was to go to the Chum web page and click Listen Live bar to the left, and then, at the next window, Click Here To Listen Online, whereupon another smaller window opened with the progress bar etc, where I clicked the little player arrowhead and - boom, boom!

So, what's missing from your Mac? Do you have the latest Java installed? Perhaps a workaround might suit you instead. Download FStream, a neat little standalone radio player FStream 1.4.2 software download - Mac OS X - VersionTracker

While you're considering streaming radio, take a look at http://www.usliveradio.com/ A lot from which to choose.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.