Monitor won't turn on!

Reaction score
Last night I was using my macpro and it was working fine, I then shut the monitor and put it to sleep. This morning when I opened the monitor again the monitor was black, and it wouldn't turn on. I then tried shutting it down, and turned it on again. i head the turning on sound, but the screen was still blank. I tried pressing a few keys, and i could still hear the volume adjusting sounds and everything, BUT THE MONITOR WAS STILL BLANK.

Did i burn out my screen? or is there something else wrong with it?

Reaction score
Exact same problem. Last night I was using my macbook pro, hooked up to my tv. It was running a little slow so I restarted it. When it turned back on the monitor stayed black (would not turn on). You can hear the audio when you press the volume control (so laptop runs but monitor doesn't). Any suggestions? Coincidental that it stopped working right when i restarted?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Try unplugging from power source and the Mac Pro, and then reconnecting and see if there is any joy. Never turn display off, when power turns off on G4 display goes off and powers on again with reboot. Is it not the same with the Mac Pro?

Reaction score
Last night I was using my macpro and it was working fine, I then shut the monitor and put it to sleep. This morning when I opened the monitor again the monitor was black, and it wouldn't turn on. I then tried shutting it down, and turned it on again. i head the turning on sound, but the screen was still blank. I tried pressing a few keys, and i could still hear the volume adjusting sounds and everything, BUT THE MONITOR WAS STILL BLANK.

Did i burn out my screen? or is there something else wrong with it?
Did you resolve the problem? I presume you are not still staring at a blank screen. My Mac Pro is doing the same.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Did you resolve the problem? I presume you are not still staring at a blank screen. My Mac Pro is doing the same.

Don't hold your breath waiting for an answer on this one from the original poster!

it's a relatively old thread from someone who has only posted once (just like you)!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.