unlocking the iphone...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook(white)
hey guys, i'm from philippines and i have the old iphone. when i got this phone no one carries it here yet in the philippines so i had to unlock it. right now it's version is 2.0 and i can't download any applications it's saying that i have to install 2.1, but if i do it will be locked again. is the version 2.1 for 1st gen iphone unlockable yet? any help would be great since i'm new to apple products.:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
FYI, we do not discuss how to unlock your iPhone here.

To answer your question, yes 2.1 firmware is unlockable. :)

OP
grannyshifter
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook(white)
oh sorry about that if it's not allowed to talk about it in this forum, i'm new here so i really didn't know. but now i do. thanks for the answer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
oh sorry about that if it's not allowed to talk about it in this forum, i'm new here so i really didn't know. but now i do. thanks for the answer.

Just wanted to let you know so you wouldn't get the thread closed.

Welcome!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Eric, I am in no position to comment about this but I guess questions and answers about unlocking and other hacking methods will not effect anyone as long as no one links to a hacking method or such, I hope you get me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.