Mac Pro now running slow

Reaction score
I've been reading about others finding that 10.5 has their system sluggish. I'm finding the same thing. My system is a 2.66 with 3Gig of ram.

I have Protools 7.4.2 which seems to run fine. Lightroom 2.1 and PS CS3 are way slower. Even loading the finder window is slower.

So, any tweaks or suggestions? Also, coming as a long time user of PC's I used to defrag my HD's regularly. Is this not necessary with a Mac OS? Or is a third party app needed?

Appreciate any help.

Thx

Jeff

OP
V
Reaction score
UPDATE: I did a simple system check and discovered 2 gigs of ram are not working. Odd. Never heard of Ram packing it in. I'll reseat and report.

Aftermath: Reseated the Ram board and the extra 2 gig's is back on the machine. Lightroom and PS are back working much faster.

Jeff

I've been reading about others finding that 10.5 has their system sluggish. I'm finding the same thing. My system is a 2.66 with 3Gig of ram.

I have Protools 7.4.2 which seems to run fine. Lightroom 2.1 and PS CS3 are way slower. Even loading the finder window is slower.

So, any tweaks or suggestions? Also, coming as a long time user of PC's I used to defrag my HD's regularly. Is this not necessary with a Mac OS? Or is a third party app needed?

Appreciate any help.

Thx

Jeff

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.