How to extract audio from a DVD?

Reaction score
Hello,

I'd like to extract the audio from a DVD to get either a stereo file or 6 separate channels (that correspond to the 6 channels of the 5.1 format).
I know Mac the ripper can demux into AC3 format, which doesnt help as I dont know a soft that can convert AC3 files into the above-mentioned format.

If some PC users are reading this, there's a software called DVD Audio Extractor and I'm looking for its equivalent on Mac platform.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Hello there

I can see this is an old thread, but I wondered whether you came up with a solution? I've searched the Web all day and have not yet found software to make an AC3 file into 6 separate Wav files. (on a Mac).
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Luke

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
I've used BeSweet, a Windows product, successfully via emulation...good luck finding it, though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.