How to transfer files from a Powerbook 540c to Power PC?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power PC G4, 867 MHz, 640 MB of memory, Bus speed = 133 MHz, GeForce2 MX video card by NVIDIA
I need some advice. I have a Powerbook 540c with some important files on it. What cables or special peripherals can I use to transfer these files onto my Power PC G4? As you probably know, The Powerbook 540c doesn't have a USB port. The disk drive is broken. The operating system is OS 7.5.
On the back there is an old Modem/printer port, Apple desktop Bus port, and SCSI port (HDI-30). I tried connecting an Asante Talk device between the two, but I can't get the PowerPC G4 to read the Powerbook 540c. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
The files made in 7.5 may not be compatable to the OS your moving then to,So anyway the Network idea is the best. You have to use a hub between the two. Or take out the HD and use a usb hard drive adapter.
good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.