In Photoshop, Fonts are missing!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 1st Gen with upgraded Ram and Hard drive
Hi All,

I did a quick search in the forums and couldn't find anything, so here goes.

A few days ago my friend called me up saying in photoshop her fonts were missing past the ones starting with 'T', we did a few things but none of them worked, like resetting photoshop preferences and re-installing photoshop, fixing disk permissions and so forth.

So tonight I get home and go to do some Photoshop work, and low and behold, I have the same problem!

I have just spent an hour trawling Google with no results except everyone mentioning to use a font manager program, but the thing is, a few days ago, the fonts were fine in photoshop as I was using them and i haven't added or deleted any fonts since, so there's no obvious reason that I should start using a different system for fonts than I have been doing.

It is Photoshop 8.0 (or CS2) and I am on OSX 10.4.11 on MBP first Gen.

From Google, it seems this was a problem back in 2004/5/6 and no one seems to have ever found a solution to it, or at least, they haven't posted about it if they have done.

So I am asking the forum, any known solution to this problem?

Thank you in advance,

Mel

OP
melmation
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 1st Gen with upgraded Ram and Hard drive
Reaction score
Missing Photoshops Fonts

Just wondering if you have found any solutions to your photoshop font problem.
I have the exact same problem
CS (8)
OS v 10.5.6
missing all fonts from 'D' to 'Y'
They all appear in ImageReady though, which I find interesting.
I went into my font folder and removed the last one of the 'D' fonts it recognized and it then went to the next font, so it's like there is this chunk
of information that is blanked out.
??????
any thoughts???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.