Washed out video

M

macsrule

Hi all.

so many macs so little time.

First off, hello to all and i would like to say hi and thanks for answering my help and i hope i can be of help to others in the future.

System: G4/450 AGP with a ATI 9000 Pro Mac, OS 10.3, VGA montior with DVI adapter.

My video appears to be washed out. theres color, but the contrast is off. I tried the following:
1. to adjust the monitors brightness/contrast, but no luck. Some change, but not enough.
2. Ive also tried to calibrate the monitor useing the System Prefreences/Displays/Calibrate controls but the oval in the "display adjustment" screen is not visible.
3. returned the ATI video card to mfg for test/repair. same issues.

I know the monitor is good since i also have a PC :eek:

Im thinking its the PS. any other tests/checks i can do?

Im not looking foward to buy another PS since they are about half the price of a used G4.

any help or tests that i can do/perform would be of help.

thanks

OP
P

proudlywelsh83

Do you use the DVI adapter on ur PC or are you just using it on ur MAC, i have had an issue with a faulty adapter in the past on my last PC

OP
M

macsrule

proudlywelsh83 said:
Do you use the DVI adapter on ur PC or are you just using it on ur MAC, i have had an issue with a faulty adapter in the past on my last PC

proudlywelsh83

I only use the DVI adapter on my Mac and thats where i have the video problem. One of my friends thinks that something in my system is "overdriving" the video.

Im going to go out and get another DVI adapter and if that doesnt work, will reinstall the OS and see what happens.
BTW, i was running my PC and Mac tru a Belkin KVM before.

thanks for the suggestion.

OP
M

macsrule

macsrule said:
proudlywelsh83

I only use the DVI adapter on my Mac and thats where i have the video problem. One of my friends thinks that something in my system is "overdriving" the video.

Im going to go out and get another DVI adapter and if that doesnt work, will reinstall the OS and see what happens.
BTW, i was running my PC and Mac tru a Belkin KVM before.

thanks for the suggestion.

well, i got a new DVI/VGA adapter and it didnt work. However, reinstalling my OS did. Must have been some driver or something, but its great to be able to read all of the text now and see things clearly.

:mac: :mac:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.