iPod nano sync-over-wireless?

Reaction score
Hi,

I wonder if it is possible to "fool" itunes into accepting a folder on my lan-network as an iPod?

I have my iPod connected to my wireless router via USB, and I have no trouble accessing it through the network, but of course I need iTunes to accept this folder as an actual iPod in order to be able to update my music library on the iPod?

Is this at all possible? Is there a hack or piece of software that can help me fool iTunes?

Thanks for the help

-Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G3(Beige)
Umm...I think you could mount it as a network drive and view the playlists on it and edit it that way. Or just physically hook it up to your computer and just share it over the network which is a better idea.

OP
M
Reaction score
No, the general idea is to NOT have my laptop connected to my iPod for charging. It is an inconvenient solution, as I use my computer "on the go" - I don't really have the big office set-up in my home (a big desk with all sorts of computerstuff) and prefer it that way. I like doing my work on the couch:)

I'm not really interested with sharing the iPod over the network, as I would still be the only person accessing it - it is basicly to get rid of cables around the house; and with my router standing close to my stereo it would be perfect if I could connect the iPod to the stereo, charge via the usb port in the router AND edit playlists etc. remotely via iTunes all at the same time, if it is at all possible.

How do I edit the playlists when i access the iPod like a hard drive? I've been looking around in the different folders on the iPod, and I can't even find the bloody mp3-files...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G3(Beige)
The iPod control folder is where the iPod's MP3s are stored. It's hidden by default in Windows. You'd need to go to Folder Options and set it to "Show hidden files and folders". Then the playlists should be in the Main folder. The MP3s are in another folder and are named with 4 letters at random.

OP
M
Reaction score
Hehe, I forgot to say that I use a mac. I can't see the folder you are talking about, and I think I have to mess with the console or get some programme of sorts to access hidden files...?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.