Dashboard Database

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Dashboard Database will be a collection of your newly downloaded dashboard widgets. I intend this to be a database where everyone can browse through this page and see different widgets that they can DL from the links you provided. It is also intended to be a database for BAD widgets, ones that didn't work well, or were not built well. That does NOT mean you tell everyone you didn't like it. This is not for opinions; strictly a database. Opinions will cause people to post "but I liked it, it's good" and then start a huge discussion, which is why I don't want discussions about how you liked or disliked a widget.

When you are widget hunting, and you download it, put it on your dashboard, and use it, please post the link to the page you downloaded it from (not the developer's site), The name of the widget, and explaining how well it worked/looked fit on your dashboard. Also tell us what kind of features it has.

You can provide as many widgets as you want in one post, as well as this thread. It's a database, so we're unlimited as to how many widgets you can post (I WANT you to post here, duh). JUST AS LONG AS you do not post a widget that has already been added into the database! It sucks to be searching through an entire string of different widgets, and then getting to the end or tripping upon a page that has widgets that were already posted. Keep in mind that when you describe the widget, try not to use personal opinion. I know that it will be difficult to do that when describing if the widget was built well or not, or if the code was faulty. But do your best! This is supposed to be a reference for all kinds of widgets to eliminate using Google (not that using Google is bad, it's just that this will be a wider array of stuff to look at, instead of Googling one kind).

Thank you for participating :)

**NOTE**

If you are posting more than one widget in one post, please divide the widgets with this:

Widget one

--

Widget two

OP
cuhnool
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Radar In Motion

Radar In Motion is a widget that allows you to view weather radar from The Weather Channel or NOAA. It is the radar that you see on TV. It displays the color coding, light green to red for precipitation, light pink to dark pink for ice/mix, and white to grey for snow. It is smooth, and features an adjustable window to adjust the size. The build I am using is 2.5.3, the newest release, and it is the 600 mile doppler, as opposed to the large US radar. You enter your area info (the basics: City, zip code etc) and it will narrow your radar view down into the 600 mile doppler. It also allows you to stop the animation, rewind, fast forward, and refresh.

--

Percent of Day

This is a neat little widget that, of course, it displays what percent of the day is left. The only features for this is choosing when you want you day to begin and end, and choosing which color you want the meter to be. You can choose Red, Green, Blue, Pink, Purple, or Orange. It also allows you to choose a custom color. You can type in the name of the color (example: Teal) or type in the color value (example #ffffff will give you white or #000000 will give you black)

--

Modern Moments

Modern Moments is a simple widget that allows you to drag pictures from Finder to put it on your dashboard. The picture frame will automatically adjust to the dimensions of the picture, so if your picture is landscape the frame will be landscape. I love this widget because 1) you can add as many as you want, 2) NO BLACCK SHOWS!! There's nothing that I hate more than having a large frame with a small picture in it, and I can't fit the frame to the picture, so there's more lack than there is of my picture, 3) you can choose if you want the glossy glass look or not, 4) you can set up slideshows for the frame, and adjust when you want the pictures to change. If you're looking for a simple widget that allows you to put pictures on your dashboard, this is a great choice.

--

Go Time Machine Go!

Go Time Machine Go! There isn't much to say about this widget, because it's only purpose is to allow you to start a Time Machine backup from your dashboard. It works, and that's the only explanation you need.

OP
cuhnool
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iStat Pro

I am very sure most of you have heard of this app before, have DLed it, used it and love it. Well for those of you who don't have iStat Pro, this is a must have if you would love to monitor your system from your dashboard. You can choose different colors for iStat Pro, as well as the order in which you want a unit to be in. For example, if you have the hard drive/external devices unit all the way on the right side, you can drag it over to the far left side. It is a great way to keep your monitor organized. It monitors the following: Memory, CPU, Temps, Processes, Network, Battery, Disks, Fans, and Load and Uptime. Of course, you can choose if you want a section to show or not. Just click the info button (the lowercase "i") to change the settings for iStat Pro. This widget is uniquely developed, smooth and is built very well. I totally recommend this widget!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook(white)
Countdown

Like it says, it is a countdown timer. Set date and time of the event and it shows the time left. I find this very useful since i'm a person who don't remember events really well.

Currency Converter

you won't really find this useful, unless you travel a lot. like me personally, i'm a businessman so i travel a lot. i'm based in philippines but i go to america atleast 5x a year and atleast once a year to china.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
This thread's getting a little old now, but I wonder if someone can tell me how to change a country in Dashboard settings.

I know about the + button and the i button in individual widgets, but neither of those allows me to change a country. I've checked M-F, Apple and MacOS Help, but none of those tells me.

Situation: the city nearest to my location is Christchurch, New Zealand. The weather widget in D'board allows me Christchurch, Vancouver - where the weather, especially the temperature, is greatly different!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.