Soap spilled on Macbook

Reaction score
Some handsoap was accidentally squirted on my macbook last night. I wasn't going to worry about it because it looked like it was just on the surface and nothing internal, but today the log off screen has been popping up randomly, and if I leave it be, it shuts down. It doesn't go in to sleep mode, it fully shuts down. I was wondering if these two things are related, and if so, how I can fix my problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB 2.0GHz
What do you mean by surface? The outside of MB when it was closed? The surface of the keyboard? If it landed on the keyboard, then most likely some of the soap made it inside between the keys. That would not be good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT
Owch. Sounds like the slippery substance has gotten in between the keys.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB 2.0GHz
Soap, or liquids in general, are not good. It doesn't take much to short circuit a computer board. And with laptops, all of that is under the keyboard. It's probably going to cost you some $$ to fix it.

OP
A
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess so. I'll probably just leave it be, because while I'm using it, it rarely happens, and when it does, I can just click cancel and it won't shut off. It mostly only happens when it's idle, and I don't really have the money to get it fixed, so I'll probably just leave it be until I have some extra money.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.