Mac OS X 10.3

W

wiSezo

I'm thinking of buying a Mac os X 10.3 on ebay and I see the cd's labeling eMac. My question is, would it work on an ibook G3 500mhz even though it's label eMac? or do need to find one that has the ibook labeled on it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
Hopefully, someone will respond that has tried an eMac installer on another Mac. My daughter's iBook 10.3.5 worked fine on my Quicksilver 733 without any problems at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
But why buy 10.3 now when you can buy 10.4 soon?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I do believe the eMac will only work on eMac and so forth.. I know that's what happened with several different installs, but I don't know if that is just G4 will work on G4's and OS X 10.3 installers for G5 will only work on G5's.. hopefully someone else will have a little more insight on this.

OP
D

d-funct

I'm kinda new to the whole mac scene but I'm guessing that the different installers will have different drivers bulit into them ... for instance the G5 installer should have 64bit extentions and the support for a 64bit chipset that a G4 just don't have but like I said I'm a n00b at this mac stuff even if I have been playing with PC's since I was a wee little sprog :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I believe MegaMacs.com has it right, they are in the business of selling them.

Give MegaMacs a call and ask them.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
If it is a full install CD, then it will work on any system.

OP
R

ryanyogan

Why pay someone that is most likely selling the copy of there install cd that came with there eMac after they made a back up copy? **** you mine as well just download panther off the internet if that is the case, either way its a non legal copy. Try and find the real deal, or worst case scenario go online and say your a student and purchase 10.3 as there is no actual verification online to you being a student if money is the issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.