Best photography forum?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Dual 2.8 GHz Quad Core Processors, 2 GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT, 1.5 TB of storage.
What is the best photography forum on the net that people go to for both sharing photos and gaining tips on how to take better pictures?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
Depends. Any specific topic? All the general photography forums have too many personalities to deal with IMO.

OP
Y
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Dual 2.8 GHz Quad Core Processors, 2 GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT, 1.5 TB of storage.
Well, I have a Nikon D40 so maybe there is one that specifies in that camera. Otherwise I like taking sports photos so something around that. Just give me some of your favorites to try out and find one I like.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac--OSX 10.6.7
I like PhotoTopix.UK.com. As you can see it is British, but there are a lot of nice folks there who post and critique photos. You might also check to see if Nikon has forums which might pertain more to your particular camera. I also like the Canon forums.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
Depends. Any specific topic? All the general photography forums have too many personalities to deal with IMO.

Agreed 100%! I used to frequent "The Photography Forum", but far too many stupid people there for me to deal with. Then I starting hanging on "New England Moments Photography", but they are a little too nice, not enough good critique. So now I stick to the more professional forums, like the ones mentioned thus far.

Reaction score
hey guys, try Gosnap Photography Forums Tutorials Reviews Photos
i found it when i first started photography and it really helped me. its a great forum, with monthly and weekly competitions both of which offer up prizes. it has a great gallery system, were you can upload 3 pics a day of hight file sizes (depending on membership status, its free to join and to post pics, but if you become premium member you can upload bigger files). plus the most important thing is the people, all very friendly and very helpful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16Ghz Intel Core Duo processor / 15" / 120Gb HD / SuperDrive / Express / Firewire / Tiger OS X
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" - 3.06GHz Alum MacBook 13.3" - 2.0GHz iPod Touch g2
PhotographyMob, a sub-division of ConceptArt.org

Photography Mob - Powered by vBulletin

Some of you should know about CA, the site is up and coming, not so many posts yet, but very helpful members.

Reaction score
I am an amateur photographer but recently I thought about becoming a professional photographer. I really love shooting photo's. Whenever I am on the way with my camera i feel absolutely free. Does anybody know a good forum where i can inform myself about being a professional photographer? What do I have to do in order to become a professional photographer? Thx in advance

Reaction score
Some of the forums mentioned here are no longer free. I think photocamel is good for both discussion and its free gallery. Plus there's always good software offered through its photo contests.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.