4th gen ipod nano questions

Reaction score
hi all,

I am thinking of buying the new 4th gen 16GB nano. I have a few concerns about the item though. At the moment I currently have the 2nd gen ipod 8GB nano, which I use in my car conneted via a Pioneer ipod adaptor to my Pioneer headunit/DVD player.

Here are the question I need answers to:
1. I was just wondering whether the new 4th gen would use that same adaptor as the 2nd gen?
2. Would it charge on the move i.e when driving like my 2nd gen one does as a mate of mine has the ipod touch and it doesn't charge on the move?
3. When driving would going over bumps in the car shuffle the tracks with the new shuffle feature?

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
I just got the nano for xmas. I plugged in my car charger that worked on my last ipod into the nano and it said, "the charge feature does not work for this ipod."

So is there a different way that i can charge my ipod nano 4 gen on the go?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook: 1GB 667 MHz RAM, 2.16 Intel core duo 2, 120GB Hard Drive. Iphone 3G.
The 4th generation Nano has problems with 'apple related products'

It doesn't seem to charge in 'apple related' docking stations and other devices. The only way I know of to charge your 4th Generation Nano is through the USB cable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I believe the issue is that Apple changed the port configuration on the iPhones, iPod Touches and Nanos. Newer chargers and docks will work with them, older ones won't. The newer chargers and docks WILL work with older devices though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.