Firefox

Reaction score
O Man, Can any1 suggest a good pop up blocker for firefox? Is there anything on the level of pithhelmet. I tried adblcoker, but cant adjust the filters correctly.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
There's a pop-up blocker built right into Firefox. No need for add-ons. If you want to remove ads from sites, check out Ad Block Plus.

OP
A
Reaction score
There's a pop-up blocker built right into Firefox. No need for add-ons. If you want to remove ads from sites, check out Ad Block Plus.
The built in does not help, and i need to set up the filters in ad block plus.

OP
A
Reaction score
Ok never mind i god an ad on for ad blocker, it weekly updates the Filter. Now the Blocker works great.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
The built in does not help, and i need to set up the filters in ad block plus.

If you're getting pop-ups in Firefox with its pop-up blocker turned on, something is seriously wrong. Choosing the filters in Ad Block Plus is really straightforward, I can't understand what the problem is. You basically just pick which subscription list you want to subscribe to - that's all there is to it.

As it relates to the odd pop-ups - have you, by chance, been visiting any explicit websites that required you to install a plug-in to view certain content? If so, the pop-up blocker is likely not your issue - there is a very common trojan that is installed in this manner and will result in symptoms like the one you describe.

OP
A
Reaction score
If you're getting pop-ups in Firefox with its pop-up blocker turned on, something is seriously wrong. Choosing the filters in Ad Block Plus is really straightforward, I can't understand what the problem is. You basically just pick which subscription list you want to subscribe to - that's all there is to it.

As it relates to the odd pop-ups - have you, by chance, been visiting any explicit websites that required you to install a plug-in to view certain content? If so, the pop-up blocker is likely not your issue - there is a very common trojan that is installed in this manner and will result in symptoms like the one you describe.
No, everysite but 1, which i visit mostly, is fine.Its a hip-hop Board, and it is also working now that i installed a "filter update" ad on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.