Say hello to the latest switcher

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini @ 1.5Ghz, 1GB ram, 12.1" ibook 1.33Ghz 1GB ram
well here i am! this is my first post here and i hope it to be the first of many! well my story is..................i have been a PC freak for years now, i even have my own business building and repairing computers......however i had to borrow my friends power book laptop for a few weeks after my windoze one died on me.......and well i was extremly impressed at the speed, ease of use and just the "coolness" of the laptop, so i then bought my self a mini ipod which again i was impressed with........so i have now purchased a mac mini with apple keybaord and mouse and it should be arriving on the 28th........i believe i would be classed as one of apples prime target market for this new system?........anyway if it all goes well i may look into selling and reparing apple computers in my shop, fingers crossed!

:mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2 Ghz C2D, 2 Gb RAM, 120 Gb Hd, 2 gig black nano
Welcome to the board!! Apple makes great machines and a rock solid operating system

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
Congrats on the switch pscl227! and welcome to the forum.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Congrats on your new system purchase

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks guys for the warm welcome............now does anyone know if any pictures of the innards of the mini mac are avalible?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
pscl227 said:
thanks guys for the warm welcome............now does anyone know if any pictures of the innards of the mini mac are avalible?
Yes there are. I saw them yesterday, but I forgot where I was. You can try to google it.

X

xthisisRomancex

....If you go to kevinrose.com. he has a link to a video that shows how to take appart the mini. it took 43 seconds to open it up and have it ready to put new ram in.

F

fishbulb

I wish that I switched, but I started as a mac guy and had to be converted to a windows person to work. I love going home to my mac though. Sweet, sweet mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G4 Sonnet 1.0 512 Ram 10.3.6
pscl227 said:
well here i am! this is my first post here and i hope it to be the first of many! well my story is..................i have been a PC freak for years now, i even have my own business building and repairing computers......however i had to borrow my friends power book laptop for a few weeks after my windoze one died on me.......and well i was extremly impressed at the speed, ease of use and just the "coolness" of the laptop, so i then bought my self a mini ipod which again i was impressed with........so i have now purchased a mac mini with apple keybaord and mouse and it should be arriving on the 28th........i believe i would be classed as one of apples prime target market for this new system?........anyway if it all goes well i may look into selling and reparing apple computers in my shop, fingers crossed!

:mac:
Congrats on your new purchase and welcome aboard. I am a switcher myself. For some business advice stick with repairing PC's you'll make more money than repairing Macs. LOL!

Reaction score
Welcome to the club! I am still a PC guy, but my new Mac just shipped yesterday. It should be here around the middle of next week!

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New2Macs said:
Congrats on your new purchase and welcome aboard. I am a switcher myself. For some business advice stick with repairing PC's you'll make more money than repairing Macs. LOL!

LOL, i would never dream of givin up pc's not becasue i like them just becasue of the money they make, i was thinking of doing apple stuff on the side and perhaps lookign into batterey replacing for ipod owners who dont want to send them back to the factory

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac G5/Powerbook G4/Pegasos 2
Welcome to brighter side of the world! I was in the same boat as you. I only used PC because after Amiga it was all I knew. I got a Mac jusdt after OSX came out and still love using them. I now have a Powermac G5 dual 2.5 machine and an iBook G4 1.33. They are great machines. I still build PC computers, I make more money then I ever could selling sad to say. I would love to do both someday if I ever could.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 3 GHz 3 gigs of ram & 2004 PowerBook
OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
firsteggprez said:
I use to hate Macs... I must admit I was very ignorant! If was just caught up into my windows world but my broadcasting teacher set me right! And now I have a 17-inch power book.

hey do you do broadcasting at uni also???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G4 Sonnet 1.0 512 Ram 10.3.6
pscl227 said:
LOL, i would never dream of givin up pc's not becasue i like them just becasue of the money they make, i was thinking of doing apple stuff on the side and perhaps lookign into batterey replacing for ipod owners who dont want to send them back to the factory
great idea let me know how it works out!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.