Upgrading hard drive and need help!

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to upgrade my 80 gb hard drive to a 320 gb hard drive.
I have the Tiger disks but not my Leopard disk and also my MacBook is bootcamped with Windows XP Pro. I have a 1 tb external hard drive and Carbon Copy Cloner... is there a way I can easily clone my drives?

I was wondering if I could image my Leopard (with CCC), install Tiger on the new drive then use CCC again to re-image my drive back to the old Leopard image?

I could be way off and not have a clue what I'm doing (which is likely) but if you have an easy solution for me it would be greatly appreciated!!!

Reaction score
HI KatCameron, Ijust did a H/D upgrade on my g4 powerbook, if their similer ,
I used disk-utility in applications and with a partition ,I dragged tiger to the other partition then erased all data+tiger from the main OS partition (I had issue on OS) So,if you do the same WITH tiger install disk IN the drive, you should be able to use image of leopard to reinstall back to new drive with tiger just as a start up with new disk .not sure if that makes sence. hope its some help. try it first without erasing leopard

SORRY, READ POST BY mrfizzed..UPGRADE HARDDRIVE , WITH CCC ITS EASY AND STRAIGHT FORWARD.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.