Suggestions for MacPro Backup solutions

Reaction score
Hello all, I've purchased a MacPro 8-core 3.2ghz with a Raid card to use as a server at our studio and I'm needing to connect some sort of archival system.
We have an old firewire AIT 2 drive but wanted to come up with a better solution.
Any suggestions out there?

OP
R
Reaction score
Hello all, I've purchased a MacPro 8-core 3.2ghz with a Raid card to use as a server at our studio and I'm needing to connect some sort of archival system.
We have an old firewire AIT 2 drive but wanted to come up with a better solution.
Any suggestions out there?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I would get some network attached storage devices. As many terabytes as you will need to support a back up of your files for as long as you would like to keep them. Personally, my studio saves... EVERYTHING, so we have a good amount of back up, there is no time when we decide it is time to be deleted.

You can get a rack, and a few rack mounted drives for pretty cheap. (Rack $400-$800) and depending on the drive can be just a few hundred dollars.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.