Text Messaging

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Hello There,

I just want to ask a simple question, I tried searching for an answer here but I did not find, so I am just going to do a topic. I am trying to text message my friends but while the iphone is rotated, which means full screen. Sad enough, that doesn't happen, I must use it in the standing position. You know what I mean? Also when I am on ebuddy or other web messengers, same thing happens, I just need to know if there's a way for me to text message while the iphone is rotated (full screen) because that way it's easier to type on a wider keyboard, and same thing with web messengers. Thank you very much and thanks for your time.

Tarek.

OP
Tarek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.53 Ghz, 4 Gb Ram, 500 Gb HDD
I would also like to know this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
You can't type text messages with the iPhone rotated. Same for e-mails.

As for the websites, rotate the phone before you touch/click the text box on the website. Should open the keyboard in landscape mode.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
Can't do it for SMS yet. There is an app that lets you do it for emails only, but it's kinda clunky in that you have to compose the message and export it to Mail as a new email.

OP
Tarek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alright, thanks for the help guys. Well, I think that's something bad about iPhone, don't you think?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook black 2.2 GHz, 4Gb Ram - iPhone 4
i've heard rumors it's going to be fixed in the next software update which is suppose to come out nov 21

OP
Tarek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh well, I can't wait for that update then :D. Thanks for informing us.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
i've heard rumors it's going to be fixed in the next software update which is suppose to come out nov 21

Doubt it. That's the first I've ever heard about it.

It seems to be a low priority to Apple.

OP
Tarek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If they actually cared, they would have done it without even any one complaining. Should have been done once the very first iPhone was released lol. But heck, they still sold the most phones.

OP
Tarek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
GUYS, the solution is here. If your iPhone 2G/3G is jailbroken and you have Cydia application, just search for iRealSMS. It even categorizes your Text Messages into categories like Inbox, Outbox, etc. which is what that phone really needed. Landscape text messaging is also available, which is technically the feature that makes that application special. It just scares me how that application is on Cydia and not App Store? Because as we all know, most (or all) of the applications on Cydia are Apple rejects so... =/

Here is the proof: YouTube - How to Landscape TXT (SMS) on iPhone

It's still for money though.

EDIT - MySMS also works. And for MMS use SwirlyMMS, it's totally great! It's still a try-before-buy 30 days trial version, you can buy it after the 30 days try.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.