• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Anyone have guns?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Folks, let me remind you that the original intent of this thread was to see who here owns a gun and what type.

Obviously the topic is a political hotbed, and several people have voiced their views on the subject of gun ownership in general - and that's not really what the thread is about.

So, please keep it on-topic and don't let it degrade. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
I only own an old Remington 12ga shotgun that I use for duck/goose hunting up in Canada. It's kept at my parents since I don't really have a good storage for it right now. I'd consider a handgun for both protection and hobby, but I doubt the wife would approve. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, iPad 2 64, 2 x iPod Touch, MBA, 2 x iPhone 3g
cwa107, I appreciate your comment and guidance, but surely the whole point of this section is 'Anything Goes'.

None of it is offensive, rude or provocative - there ARE strong feelings, both for those that FEEL the necessity to carry due to circumstances they feel are beyond their ability to change, and those of us who have experienced firearms in serious use and have also been coloured by our experiences.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I find it amusing that you assume you're the only person who's "experienced firearms in serious use".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15". 2.8GHz. 320GB@7200.
Regardless - the Mod(s) have stated what this topic is about and yet some fail to understand, it's their board, their rules - not yours.

Sorry, the "mod" in me took over. Carry-on (no pun intended).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
the implication was that anyone who has would agree with him ;) Simply not the case, many of us are perfectly capable of drawing our own conclusions from our experiences

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
cwa107, I appreciate your comment and guidance, but surely the whole point of this section is 'Anything Goes'.

But the forum rules still apply, it doesn't mean that we'll allow a thread to degrade into petty bickering or an outright flame war.

None of it is offensive, rude or provocative - there ARE strong feelings, both for those that FEEL the necessity to carry due to circumstances they feel are beyond their ability to change, and those of us who have experienced firearms in serious use and have also been coloured by our experiences.

Right, and if it did, it would be closed. To prevent that, I issued a friendly reminder in an attempt to steer it back on track.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to take it up with me in PM.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alumibook 2.4, 4GB | 1TB Time Capsule | 30GB Video iPod
There are plenty of forums, papers, and studies done on the subject. If you want an opinion on the subject there are better resources and places to look and state your opinion than here.

That being said, a couple pages back someone (maybe the OP) said he was looking for a Sig. That's a great choice! I had one of those old German issue pistols from the 70's. I got it, used and abused, and it worked great!

There have been random issues with the newer .45 models and their .22 lr's so buyer beware, but they are good pistols. Check out SIGforum.com --A discussion forum for SIG enthusiasts for more information on them.

I couldn't use them because of their size and weight. Well I could use them for shooting perfectly fine, actually they are great for target shooting, but for carrying just a bit impractical when there are so many quality polymer's out there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Yeah. My FN FiveseveN in Dark Earth Brown is on it's way!

Reaction score
I would not deem to 'tell' people what to do, but my friendly advice is - if you NEED to carry, then you are spending time in the wrong places. Perhaps you should consider very carefully what is the reason or justification to carry a weapon - of any kind.

Honestly, I understand and agree with this to a certain degree, but I am outdoors type person who likes to fish and camp (haven't done much hunting, yet) and when I am bank fishing for flathead catfish until 4am-5am along the river (sometimes by myself) it really is nice to have the security along with me, just in case. After all, the three rivers in Pittsburgh do not run through all the greatest locations.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.66ghz i7, 8gbram, 1tb hdd
**Official Weapons Thread**

I have 3 AR15s, an actual M4, a Steyr Aug, a Springfield XDSC 40, Walther P22 w/Silencer and Walther PK380. The Walthers are a one of a kind set with matching serial #s . All of my handguns have viridian green laser sights. Same goes for my rifles. Viridian is the best and theres no debating green is THE BEST color for a laser.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
For what it is worth, I just appreciate the idea that I'd rather have a gun and not need it rather than need a gun and not have it.

Thanks for the feed back. I'm looking at some Sigs. :)

The same reaason I want to spend $26k for a private helicopter license.. When the zombies hit, you're gonna need some one who knows how to fly..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have 3 AR15s, an actual M4, a Steyr Aug, a Springfield XDSC 40, Walther P22 w/Silencer and Walther PK380. The Walthers are a one of a kind set with matching serial #s . All of my handguns have viridian green laser sights. Same goes for my rifles. Viridian is the best and theres no debating green is THE BEST color for a laser.

You live in Maryland (of all gun-unfriendly States) and have an actual NFA-taxed FN-Herstal M4 carbine with a 14.5" barrel and select-fire goodness? That's pretty incredible if you are not a LEO or active-duty military personnel. How did you pull that one off if I may ask?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The same reaason I want to spend $26k for a private helicopter license.. When the zombies hit, you're gonna need some one who knows how to fly..

Dawn of the Dead reference. Awesome!

helicopter-zombie.jpg

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15

Ha ha!:) Gonna need to know someone who has a helicopter as well (unless you have one)!;)

What happens when the vampires hit...aren't they supposed to be able to fly???

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.66ghz i7, 8gbram, 1tb hdd
You live in Maryland (of all gun-unfriendly States) and have an actual NFA-taxed FN-Herstal M4 carbine with a 14.5" barrel and select-fire goodness? That's pretty incredible if you are not a LEO or active-duty military personnel. How did you pull that one off if I may ask?

I'm military. I am currently in the process of acquiring a 1928 Thompson SMG :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm military. I am currently in the process of acquiring a 1928 Thompson SMG :)

Interesting. I wasn't aware that they changed the law. M4's are not sold or resold to civilians, even military personal and law enforcement. The military discontinued allowing war-fighting arms to be retained off base in 1993 a la Clinton. All private citizens are prohibited from personally owning fully automatic weapons manufactured after 1986 a la Reagan. Non-military governmental agencies may obtain and issue to their employees, but retain ownership and estate custody. It must have been an interesting purchase.

ATF Online - Firearms - National Firearms Act (NFA)

A 1928 Thompson runs about $17,000 for one in average to OK condition. That's quite an impressive acquisition. Good luck. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.