• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Anyone have guns?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
They really are a great tool...

Merry Christmas to ME! Snagged this one the day before Christmas as a backup to my other G19. It's nice to have something that takes the same ammunition, same holsters, same magazines, carries the same, and shoots to same POI as one's main gun in the event it gets seized as evidence in a defensive shooting. Though I prefer 1911's and snubbies, the compact and sub-compact Glocks are no-brainers when it comes to comfortable, discrete formidable carry.

web.jpg

Nice piece o tupperware there :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13
You all guys are so lucky!(?)
Here in India, its not easy to get a gun license...Only cops, goons, politicians and rich businessmen can have it.
I am thinking of getting a Air Gun since long time, it does not require license here yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
You all guys are so lucky!(?)
Here in India, its not easy to get a gun license...Only cops, goons, politicians and rich businessmen can have it.
I am thinking of getting a Air Gun since long time, it does not require license here yet.

Sounds very similar to Chicago, Illinois.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
really? I thought law was same all over US.

Nope. In most cases, States and municipalities are free to implement laws which are more restrictive than Federal law. They may not implement less restrictive laws. However, that doesn't stop States from being surreptitious in culling the 2nd Amendment. You can Google or Wikipedia for the McDonald v. Chicago decision as an example.

McDonald v. Chicago - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Every time I visit a friend of mine and shoot his Black Powder Rifle I am grateful for the advancements in ammo and guns but it is fun to shoot once a year and made me have more respect for our forefathers.

Reaction score
I'm not old enough to get my CPL, but I'm thinking of buying a Beretta PX4 Storm... It's a sweet piece.

Reaction score
they really are a great tool...

merry christmas to me! snagged this one the day before christmas as a backup to my other g19. It's nice to have something that takes the same ammunition, same holsters, same magazines, carries the same, and shoots to same poi as one's main gun in the event it gets seized as evidence in a defensive shooting. Though i prefer 1911's and snubbies, the compact and sub-compact glocks are no-brainers when it comes to comfortable, discrete formidable carry.

web.jpg

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MB Air Core i7 256GB, 2011 Mini with 8GB RAM, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, 2TB Time Capsule
i was amazed at how much a fully tricked out 1911 cost but I must say its got to be
one of the oldest most widely used handguns in the U.S.

My Springfield Armory Custom Shop 1911 set me back more than I care to admit. It was worth every single penny. There is no pistol that I trust to be more consistent or accurate than my Springer. I have shot it in competitions for years, and while it's no "race gun" I will hold my own against anyone shooting in the standard division.

Reaction score
Sorry, I missed this. I very much like my XD. It's a fun shooter, to be sure. I think it's a great combination of Sig, 1911 and Glock. (I just can't come to terms with the Glock's grip angle. Just can't do it.)

I hear ya. Glock's are great guns, but they simply don't fit my hand well. Never have been able to adjust to the grip. My father gave me several Glocks shortly before passing away from cancer. I tried everything within me to like those guns. Never have been able to.

Gonna have to try the XD sometime!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 15.4, 2.2, 8gb MBP - '11 15.4, 2.0, 8gb MBP, 2x4gb Gen1 Nano, 8gb Gen3 Nano,
I hear ya. Glock's are great guns, but they simply don't fit my hand well. Never have been able to adjust to the grip. My father gave me several Glocks shortly before passing away from cancer. I tried everything within me to like those guns. Never have been able to.

Gonna have to try the XD sometime!

+1 for the XDM...

Also have a fondness for a 4" Ruger GP100 in .357, very reliable and easy to shoot.

For fun, a Ruger 22/45....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Anyone have the Smith & Wesson MP15 and have pros and cons on it.
I have almost decided on that being my next purchase.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Anyone have the Smith & Wesson MP15 and have pros and cons on it.
I have almost decided on that being my next purchase.

I've heard overall good reviews of the MP15. While not "top tier" to AR-snobs, it's a solid weapon for the price. A friend at work purchased one for home defense and as a range toy and absolutely loves hers. She opted for a M4 configured unit with a 16" upper. They are also quite popular with LEOs in many circles.

If you haven't had the pleasure before, an alternative might be to just roll your own. It's a great way to save some cash and amass some great technical knowledge of the platform. I do one very other year or so and enjoy the process. Currently I have several carbine and middy platforms I built from BCM, RRA and BM components. As an added bonus, since the only registered part is the lower receiver, if you snag one in a perfectly legal private sale or a gun show and live in a free State, you can own it off of the .gov books that "don't exist". Here is some assembly info:

Assemble your own LOWER, UPPER, FREE FLOAT, TRIGGER, GAS BLOCK - Step by step instructions! - AR15.COM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've heard overall good reviews of the MP15. While not "top tier" to AR-snobs, it's a solid weapon for the price. A friend at work purchased one for home defense and as a range toy and absolutely loves hers. She opted for a M4 configured unit with a 16" upper. They are also quite popular with LEOs in many circles.

If you haven't had the pleasure before, an alternative might be to just roll your own. It's a great way to save some cash and amass some great technical knowledge of the platform. I do one very other year or so and enjoy the process. Currently I have several carbine and middy platforms I built from BCM, RRA and BM components. As an added bonus, since the only registered part is the lower receiver, if you snag one in a perfectly legal private sale or a gun show and live in a free State, you can own it off of the .gov books that "don't exist". Here is some assembly info:

Assemble your own LOWER, UPPER, FREE FLOAT, TRIGGER, GAS BLOCK - Step by step instructions! - AR15.COM

Thought about building my own something i may ponder awhile longer.

Reaction score
I have a 1911. But I do not carry it. It is a very good weapon. Glock is a better choice for carrying, small, light and still effective.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am trying to make it a point of once a month to go to the gun range now that the wife is interested and plinking ammo is cheap or at least for 9mm.
I bought extra magazines to keep from reloading more than once at the range.

Reaction score
I have a 1911. But I do not carry it. It is a very good weapon. Glock is a better choice for carrying, small, light and still effective.

I agree when talking about a full-size 1911, but there are some great options out there that are smaller/lighter weight. I really like my Kimber CDP. Never even think about it being there. There are times when it's too bulky and I go with my Kahr 9mm or my LCP in the summer when I'm wearing shorts. But overall carrying my CDP isn't a problem.
mathews_thumbsup.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My Police friends speak highly of the Kahr 9mm for back up thought about that for the wife since it is small and light besides very reliable.

Reaction score
My Police friends speak highly of the Kahr 9mm for back up thought about that for the wife since it is small and light besides very reliable.

If I could get my wife to carry and was looking at something besides a .38, the Kahr PM9 would be at the top of my list.
mathews_thumbsup.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Does anyone have any experience with GunBroker? I'm thinking about purchasing a gun, but not sure about the site...or about someone shipping it to my local guns shop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.