Finder windows blinking

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently completed a massive project where I downloaded hundreds of videos from youtube and then edited together two sequences (each two hours) of all the mp4s. In hindsight, I probably should have converted each mp4 to dv and then worked from those but I was working with tight time constraints. This took a lot of render time and the Final Cut project often crashed while rendering.

During this process my finder window started to blink between what a finder window looks like when it is on the top viewing layer and what it looks like when it is on a secondary viewing layer when behind another finder window (kind of faded with less contrast). This most often happens when I click on a subdirectory that has video files in it. The tiny thumbnail images next to each file take a few seconds to appear, and the finder window blinks until each one has appears.

One problem may be that the external hard drive I was working off of is formatted to MS-DOS (FAT32). I wasn't aware of this until after the project was completed, and am about to reformat it.

I am working on a Dual 1.8 G5. The memory has been upgraded to 2.5 GB. Leopard was installed on it about 6 months ago.

Thanks,

Andrew

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.