Windows Boot camp does not read Mac driver disk

Reaction score
hi all,

I have successfully installed Windows on my Mac, but can not install the Mac drivers. Every time I insert the osx (store bought) disk it shows up as containing 0kb and having 0kb open space. I had installed the drivers with no problem a few weeks back, but downloaded a virus and had to trash my Windows partition and start over. I have been on the phone with IT a number of times and they claim it is an undocumented problem and are now bringing it to the attention of their engineers. I have seen some slightly similar problems with windows showing 0kb on here but nothing addressing the issue with store bought drivers. Any help would be appreciated.

W

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Did you try inserting both CDs or just one? Because I think both of them have drivers loaded on them.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
To the OP:

Autorun is probably not working properly or is turned off on the Windows side.

Even if the disk shows 0 KB that doesn't mean it can't be used. Insert the DVD, and open the Windows Explorer (explorer.exe), find the folder which contains the drivers along with the installation file. Double click on the installation file and it should work.

Regards.

OP
W
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I have tried that before and even when I double click the disk image it opens a window that should be showing the Mac files in it, but it is empty and says the disk is empty as well. It reads Windows disks perfectly. Is there a possibility that some option for Windows to read Mac formatted disks is not turned on or not functioning properly?

OP
W
Reaction score
sorry to bump this, but this is driving me crazy...any thoughts?

Tried reinstalling Windows and yes tried inserting both disks as well as my past Leopard version....

Reaction score
I had a similar issue where I'd insert the driver disc and it would just get ejected. I formatted the partition and reinstalled Windows and the problem went away.

Unfortunately you say you already tried reinstalling, so I'm not sure what other advice to give you. Sorry!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
sorry to bump this, but this is driving me crazy...any thoughts?

Tried reinstalling Windows and yes tried inserting both disks as well as my past Leopard version....

I'm beginning to suspect you have some kind of hardware problem going on with your machine. Anyway, for now try this:

Open the store bought Leopard disk on the OS X side. If it opens OK there, navigate to where the drivers are located and copy the folder to your desktop. If your Windows partition is formatted as FAT-32 you can then copy the folder direct to your Windows desktop. Boot to XP and execute the installer.

Let us know.

Regards.

nmb

Reaction score
Open the store bought Leopard disk on the OS X side. If it opens OK there, navigate to where the drivers are located and copy the folder to your desktop. If your Windows partition is formatted as FAT-32 you can then copy the folder direct to your Windows desktop. Boot to XP and execute the installer.

I am having this same issue. But I cannot locate the drivers on my Leopard disc. Please tell me which files I need to copy. There are four that I think it could be. An application called Install (6 MB) in the Utilities folder. An application called Install Mac OS X and Bundled Software (1.5 MB). An Alias called Install Bundled Software Only (only 41 KB). An installer package called Optional Installs (1.2 MB).

Is it one of these or some combination?

Thank you very much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacOS Sonoma
You can only see Mac files on the disk if you boot into MacOS X .

You can see the Bootcamp windows files if you boot into Windows, they are usually on Disc 1 of the Mac OS X 10.5 Install disc (not the 2nd disc).

Reaction score
Drivers on App store Lion??

I can't find the drivers, I have a original Lion iMac. I created a boot dvd in order to be able to pull the drivers from it but i can't find them anywhere. any suggestions?

i just realized this has been dead for 2 years but still, can anyone help me out please!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.