Garage Band on my iBook...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Hello... I reralise i have posted this in 2 sections, sorry for posting in the iBook section. Can someone please delete it from that section. Thanks.

I was creating some music for a video that i had made on my iBook in Garage Band, when i came to play it back it got to a point and said something like "there are too many streams for garage band to play in real time, please refer to optimising garageband for details". So i do, and it tells me to put processor performance to max etc.. so i do.. but it still gives me this message.

The spec of my iBook is as follows:

iBook G4 (Less than 6 months old)

• 512MB DDR266 SDRAM
• 30GB Ultra ATA drive
• DVD/CD-RW
• Bluetooth Module
• AirPort Extreme Card
• Keyboard & Mac OS
• 1.2GHz PowerPC G4
• 12.1-inch TFT display
• Two USB ports
• One FireWire port
• Power Adapter
• Battery

Anyone got any ideas as to how i can make this work? If i can that is.

Regards,

Chris.

X

xthisisRomancex

if you get more ram thst would fix the problems once and for all... but there are several ways to deal with this problem
on go in to system prefs. and go into energy saver and set your "optimized energy setting" to the higest perfomance. your battery will not stay charged as long as it normaly will..
another way is to must some tracks.
I have 1.25 gigs of ram in my ibook and i can hold up to aboput 10 tracks at the same time but when i had 256 i maxed out at like 4 or 5 of teh software instuments.
Get iLife 05. GarageBand 2 is murders GB1 lol if u can record up to 8 tracks ( 1 midi tracks and 7 real intrument tracks"

V

VictoryRose

MrChris said:
Hello... I reralise i have posted this in 2 sections, sorry for posting in the iBook section. Can someone please delete it from that section. Thanks.

I was creating some music for a video that i had made on my iBook in Garage Band, when i came to play it back it got to a point and said something like "there are too many streams for garage band to play in real time, please refer to optimising garageband for details". So i do, and it tells me to put processor performance to max etc.. so i do.. but it still gives me this message.

The spec of my iBook is as follows:

iBook G4 (Less than 6 months old)

• 512MB DDR266 SDRAM
• 30GB Ultra ATA drive
• DVD/CD-RW
• Bluetooth Module
• AirPort Extreme Card
• Keyboard & Mac OS
• 1.2GHz PowerPC G4
• 12.1-inch TFT display
• Two USB ports
• One FireWire port
• Power Adapter
• Battery

Anyone got any ideas as to how i can make this work? If i can that is.

Regards,

Chris.

try locking some of the tracks...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.