Lacie 80 GB Mobile Firewire drive or 200 GB Lacie (not so mobile) FW drive ???

M

monsterke

both Porsche design

Mobile is 5400 rpm

other is 7200 rpm

but it's less portable of course

!

OP
F

flonejek

I' go for the mobile unless you eed the space, i have a 40 gig iPod and a 250 gig maxtor and i must say i find my iPod a whole lot more useful because i can take it anywhere easily, while the maxtor just sits on my desk.

OP
M

monsterke

any other views ....

Mobile is also powered by FW bus of Powerbook it seems

Porsche Lacie 200 GB external needs power supply !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
the 2oo gb needing a power supply takes away any sort of portability, if this is an aimportant feature fore you, go with the 80 gb, cause youll regret having to carry around an hd and seperate plug, especially that big plug that lacie uses.

OP
P

proudlywelsh83

I'm not a great over of the Porsche design as it ends to get a little warm have you looked at the d2 extreme drives

OP
M

monsterke

Porsche looked nice but the reviews were a bit so so when it came to getting the right value for your money... + the issue of overheating ...

one person said a lot of porsche drives were coming in for repairs after overheating...

I went for the 160 GB Extreme D2 ... FW and USB so I can use it on both windows and Mac OS

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.