Poof Oh No!!!

Reaction score
I had the finder open and I was dragging the "Documents" Folder in the finder window from the "Places" tab and hoping that all of my Documents would appear in the upload section and when I let go it went POOF and is gone now...

First I went to edit undo and that was not an option... then I looked under all the tabs for Finder trying to find something that sounded useful and none of them did.

I found the "GO" Menu tab for the finder and "Documents" is not even listed there anymore...

Can someone please tell me how to restore Documents to its rightfull place in the Finder?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
I'm not sure I understand what you actually did, are you saying you "poofed" it from the left side of the finder window (where your user, documents, applications, etc. are listed)? If so, just go to your home/user folder, find the documents folder and drag it back to the left side. The icons there are simply alises to the actual file/folder.

OP
Z
Reaction score
Yes that is exactly what I did, and I just did what you suggested and it is there again! My stupid Windows brian was looking for some complicated convoluted way to fix it instead of trying something simple :p

Also... is the icon for documents two pages overlapped on each other? I cannot remember if that is how it always looked, thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.