Garage Band real-time playing problems..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Hello...

I was creating some music for a video that i had made on my iBook in Garage Band, when i came to play it back it got to a point and said something like "there are too many streams for garage band to play in real time, please refer to optimising garageband for details". So i do, and it tells me to put processor performance to max etc.. so i do.. but it still gives me this message.

The spec of my iBook is as follows:

iBook G4 (Less than 6 months old)

• 512MB DDR266 SDRAM
• 30GB Ultra ATA drive
• DVD/CD-RW
• Bluetooth Module
• AirPort Extreme Card
• Keyboard & Mac OS
• 1.2GHz PowerPC G4
• 12.1-inch TFT display
• Two USB ports
• One FireWire port
• Power Adapter
• Battery

Anyone got any ideas as to how i can make this work? If i can that is.

Regards,

Chris.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Turn off some real-time effects or export the song to mp3/aac to preview it in non-real time.

Real-time effects like garageband uses are very cpu intensive so if you have a lot in your song I wouldn't be too suprised..

OP
MrChris
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Aptmunich said:
Turn off some real-time effects or export the song to mp3/aac to preview it in non-real time.

Real-time effects like garageband uses are very cpu intensive so if you have a lot in your song I wouldn't be too suprised..

OK, ill give ti a go.

Thanks for the response,

Chris, :mac:

I

iDVFH.

I'm not having the problem your having but Garage Band is giving me problems. every time I exit the program it says that Garage Band is not responding..I have an iBook G4 thats less than a month old. Is it possible I need updates?

OP
MrChris
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Have you run software update since you bought your iBook? I know when i got mine i ran the update and downloaded some program updates, cant remember if garage band was on there mind. But still, Its best to keep up-to-date.

Regards,

Chris, ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Lack of memory definitely breaks down GarageBand when handling too many tracks...Upgrading to 1GB helps a lot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.