help uploading

Y

y0j0hn

hey I wasn't sure where to put this, but since I have a g5, I figured I'd throw it in here. Well, I am a former PC user and I am pretty new to Mac so..bare with me. Anywho I use explorer, not safari, and I have a DSL connection.
My problem is this: I cannot upload anything onto any website, not files, image, not anything. I go over to my PC and I can upload anything within seconds. What gives? are my explorer settings messed up? can websites not read my Mac? I am lost as to what it is, please help
-John

OP
P

phatsew

Internet Explorer on Windows works as an FTP program, as IE for Mac can. However, Internet Explorer for Mac has been discontinued, so you may need to choose another program to upload your files to an FTP server. Also, because it's discontinued, you may want to think about using something like Mozilla Firefox www.getfirefox.com or Safari.

For FTP, try using something along the lines of Transmit http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/16683 , or Fetch.

OP
Y

y0j0hn

well i tried using safari but that doesn't work either, but im gonig to try those other suggestions, thanks alot

OP
P

phatsew

Yeah if you've ever used WS FTP for Windows, you'll feel right at home with Transmit. Great program. I think there's a 30 day free trial or something.

I was suggesting you may want to use another browser for everyday web browsing, because IE for Mac will probably fall behind standards soon.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.