Looking for iMac G5 eternal speaker's... Possible BlueTooth

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm looking for a set a speakers for my 20" iMac G5. I've been looking and haven't found anything. Does anyone know where I can get a good set? Or is there bluetooth speakers available for this computer. Thanks all....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Mac audio output is average at best, so you need to consider an external amplifier and speakers. I could rave about what I've got set up from my eMac but, basically, it's a cheap (free actually) Aiwa unit feeding Technics SB-CD 911 speakers. I'm very happy with it.

You could spend a small fortune on an audio setup for your Mac, and it depends a lot on what environment you're using, ie, the room and its dimensions etc. I suggest you look through the threads on Music Audio & Podcasting on this Mac-Forum. There are more opinions than hot dinners so be wary of exaggerated claims.

OP
J
Reaction score
Speakers for iMac Core 2 Duo, Please help, I'm confused

Ok, so I listed on the iMac section about speakers and was pointed this direction over here. I am looking for a set of speakers for my iMac. I'm not a sound expert, so perfect audio is net a factor. What jack on the back of the iMac is for audio in? I don't have the room for a stereo unit, just speakers. Are there any wireless options? Any info you may have would be great. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66Ghz Penryn C2D iMac
There is a headphone/audio out jack on the iMac, that's what I use, there is also an audio in but that would be if you wanted to run a stereo source into the Mac, not out. I run this into a kenwood component shelf system that I have, it works really well, you get SWEET bass.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.