New Macbook Pro docking stations and dual monitor setup

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 5.1, 2.66 gHz, 4gb ddr3, 9600m gt/9400m
I recently purchased one of the new macbook pros that came out in late october. I was looking for a docking station that will fit it and was wondering if it would be possible to run dual monitors off of it? I know bookendz tend to be the only people that make docking stations of macbook pros but they dont have one that will fit the new macbooks. Does anyone know where or when they might be available?

cheers

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
There is no dock for the MBP (U) yet. I have heard rumours that Apple are going to make one that docks with the iMac but it could just be another crappy rumour.

OP
X
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 5.1, 2.66 gHz, 4gb ddr3, 9600m gt/9400m
i had not yet heard rumors of the apple made dock...interesting, but i agree it could be total ********. i did however just recieve an email back from bookendz saying that they are currently developing a dock for the new mbp. they said they plan on releasing it at the CA mac show in January 2009...so we'll see.

did you know anything about the dual monitor capabilities of the mbp? thats one thing i was really hoping i could pull off because i do a lot of video editing and i have a 20" widescreen and a 15" i use as my preview monitor...i was hoping with the dual link dvi adapter it shouldnt be a prob to do that. any thoughts or insight?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.