Migration Assistant Help

Reaction score
Just a quick question for you all. I want to use migration assistant to import all my tunes, pics, etc from an old Time Machine Backup on my external HD onto my new MBP, and I'm new to the process. I already deleted all my files off the old MBP and it's on the way back to Apple, but the problem I have is ealier today my fiancee put some pics on the new MBP off her digital camera and deleted them off the camera. So can I migrate all my old setting from the old MBP onto this new one without erasing her pics off our machine, or is there a way to export those pics back to her camera memory stick? If I had a 3GB thumb drive I'd be set, but mine's only a gig so it's too small. Please help, I really don't want to sleep on the couch tonight if I delete all her pictures. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
plug in the camera and it should show up as an empty file (if the card is empty). Simply drag the pics into the folder. If you haven't edited the pics from the original format they should show up in the camera when you turn it on. otherwise after you drag the files in, unplug the camera and plug it back in and check to see if your pics are there. Edited pictures don't show up on the camera, the camera will separate unknown files into a folder. This is what i've done in the past with my Canon 40D.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.