45 min to startup

Reaction score
not sure if this is the right area for this. but anyways!
I have a macbook pro with all the goodies. and i have the problem where the charge light doesn't come on when connected to my computer(very dim) but it works with friends computers. i've heard it's a logic board? i have the extended warranty, will they cover this? but the big problem is that when my computer get's to about 5% - 10% battery power left, it will die and when i plug it in it takes about 45 minutes to come back on no matter what i do!!! is this a setting i can change? it's very annoying! what do you think?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Someone with a little more knowledge in this area will hopefully stop in.

Since I don't let my battery get lower than 40%, this will come from memory. I believe at less than 20% your system will automatically go into sleep mode.

As for you connect up the power cable you should be able to start the system with it plugged in. Since you do have the extended warranty, I would take it in and have it checked out. It should be covered.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Did you read what Rman said? You should take it to an Apple Store, since you have the extended warranty you have nothing to worry about.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.